Go paperless! You can now read many of your favourite books on your computer, eBook reader or mobile device. Reading anywhere has never been easier.
Checkout & download free eBooks and audiobooks from the Cambridge Libraries! Read on your computer, Kobo, Sony Reader, Apple, Android or Blackberry device. All you need to get started is a valid library card, an internet connection & free software.
Five local libraries -- Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo, Waterloo Region and Perth County -- have teamed up to offer more titles together than would have been possible for each library on its own. From all the best in fiction to biographies, self-help, business and language learning, there’s a great selection for all ages.
Say goodbye to overdue fines! At the end of the lending period, digital titles are returned automatically to the downloadLibrary collection. You can have up to:
- 15 titles at a time checked out
- 10 titles at a time on hold. You will be notified by email when your hold is ready. You have 3 days to checkout your hold after being notified.
More questions about borrowing eBooks or digital audiobooks? See our FAQ.
downloadLibrary Compatible Devices
Not all devices work with downloadLibrary, so check the supported devices page. Your device isn't on the list? Many downloadLibrary eBooks can be checked out and read using your device's internet browser using OverDrive Read.
Getting Started Guides
Get ready to use downloadLibrary! These handy guides will walk you through the one time setup of your device:
- Kobo Touch, Glo, Mini
- Sony Reader Wi-Fi PRS-T1 and T2
- Android (including Kobo Vox and Arc)
- Android devices with no Google Play Store access
- Apple iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch
- Blackberry Playbook
- Windows 8
- Audiobooks & portable audio players
- Using Overdrive Read
Need More Help?
We're happy to answer your questions by email, chat, phone or in person. If we can't answer your question, we'll ask the experts from Overdrive for help.
Here are answers to a few frequently asked questions:
- Searching tips
- Basic Device Troubleshooting
- Returning eBooks & audiobooks early
- Saving your library card number on a mobile device
- Changing your holds email address
- Changing default loan periods
- Changing the default program for eBooks or audiobooks
More Free eBooks
downloadLibrary is not your only source of eBooks. Check out these great services.
Download over 1 million public domain eBooks from Project Gutenberg & other sites. Read them on your PC, iPad, Kindle, Sony Reader, iPhone, Android or other portable device. Choose between ePub, DAISY, Kindle, simple text and more formats. Most can also be read online without a download.
Listen and read-along with these books on your computer. Contains picture books, early readers, chapter books, teen novels, classics and Shakespeare. No download required. Always available.